Friday, March 17, 2017

florida cloth

Much of the fabric that I've been working with and selling came from my last visit to "Focus on Fiber" at the Atlantic Center for the Arts, New Smyrna Beach FL..March 2014.  I was needing a dark, neutral black and wasted a ton of dyestock finding it. I should have taken all those clear bright colors and thrown them into the dark stew, but I'm glad I didn't.

My mind was not on dyeing cloth and I felt quite the imposter while I was taking up space in the wet studio. It was production work, pure and simple, and I was in the dreamstate, working on reflexes.

The real creative work was happening ten and twelve hours at a time back at the cabin where I was spinning the first 15k words of the novel that I am revising now.
More about this shift another time.

No comments: